Take a detox from your digital devices and practice some self-love this Spring with the help of k:SPA. In addition to treating yourself to our luxury salon and spa experiences, consider our top tips for how to escape “Nomophobia” and restore your mental and physical balance, for a happier, healthier you.
- Reduce the number of hours spent looking at your screens per day – Dust off your alarm clock so you can sleep with your phone in a different room, and turn off your phone’s push notifications – we’re sure you don’t need those updates quite so regularly! Even the smallest steps to reduce your reliance on technology day-to-day are proven to have positive effects on your body – less straining of the eyes and neck – productivity, mood, stress levels, and even your sleep.
- Spend more time outside – Putting your devices down opens up a whole world of opportunity for things to do, especially with the warmer weather on its way. From exercise to improve your health and mood, to visiting new places that make you feel inspired, it’s important to find different ways to engage your body, and stimulate your brain.
- Focus more on you – Reducing the amount of time spent using technology means you will have more to focus on yourself. This time can be used to work on your mindfulness, making healthier choices, improving your productivity, and giving yourself less opportunity to fall risk to the consequences of toxic behaviours – such as negative or anxious thoughts from comparing yourself to the people on your social feeds.
- Discover – and re-discover – interests – When you take time away from technology, you’ll realise how much time you were using up – and how much time you have spare now that you aren’t scrolling. Take the opportunity to use this time to explore exciting interests – old and new – that make you happy, and forget to check your notifications.
- Spend time with the people you care about – We all benefit from proper face-to face social interaction, and taking some time away from your digital devices will enable you to be more social and more present. Without your devices, you can devote more time and attention to those special to you, and give more meaning and value to the time you spend in their company.
As we enter March, the k:SPA team are pleased to be able to continue our Digital Detox theme, and will be introducing a new variety of monthly detox packages to support you in taking the steps to take time out and focus on yourself, with no interruptions – so stay tuned!
To find out more about the range of revitalising experiences available with the k:SPA team, please feel free to get in touch with us, by calling us on 01489 880497, emailing us at email@example.com, exploring our website, or visiting us in-store at the best Beauty Salon Whiteley has to offer!